Home automation systems are quite popular these days. Most of us have seen the television commercials of people locking their doors, turning on the air conditioning and observing their home through their smart phone.
Between convenience, savings, tablet and smartphone connectivity and lowering prices, these home automation systems are an attractive option to homeowners. They allow you to automate and/or control home, housework or household activity.
So what can you control with a home automation system? Here are some of the most popular items:
- Control Door Locks – activate door locks at set times or from a web enabled device and check on door lock activity.
- Security Alarm System – Remotely arm and disarm your system and trigger actions and notifications based upon your needs.
- Control Appliances –Water pumps, hot tubs, dishwashers and much more.
- Lighting – Control light intensity and control which lights are on or off.
- Irrigation System – Program your system to never exceed municipal maximum allowable water use allowance or to operate under just about any condition you can think of. Animals eating your plants? Configure the system to activate when movement is detected on your lawn.
- Blu-Ray Players, Stereos, TVs and Digital Cable Boxes – Select the inputs and outputs for centralized and remote control.
- Garage Door – Access your home automation from your smartphone to open and close your garage door.
- Thermostats – Operate your home heating and cooling from virtually anywhere. Adjust temperatures from your car on your way home from work.
- Phones – Direct your phone to only answer for certain numbers.
If you are interested in learning more about a home automation system, please contact the experts at My Alarm Center. Call 855-334-6562 for more information.