Summer is prime vacation season. It’s also prime season for home break-ins. Here’s an important checklist to make sure your summer vacation ends as happily as it began.
Follow the checklist below or click on the image to print:
- Contact My Alarm Center and let us know you will be out of town
- Have the post office hold your mail (go to holdmail.usps.com) or have a neighbor collect it
- Make arrangements to have your lawn mowed
- Remove hidden house keys
- Test your system before you leave (visit myalarmcenter.com to learn how)
- Check your alarm batteries (smoke, carbon monoxide, water detector)
- Close interior doors to stop thieves from looking through your house (this also acts as a firebreak in case of a fire)
If you have the MyHome® home automation tool, you can also do the following from anywhere:
- Remotely arm and disarm your system if you have neighbors or workers dropping in
- Program your indoor/outdoor lighting and electronics to make it seem like you’re home
- Keep an eye on your home through live videos and have activity reports sent to you
For more about how we can help keep your home safe this summer and beyond, call 855-334-6560 or visit myalarmcenter.com.